Starts: 1st September 2017 to 30th September 2017
Daw End canal, Walsall wood
This is a great opportunity to support the Trusts Asset Delivery Volunteering team in a small project by doing some much needed repairs at Riddian Bridge on the Daw End Canal.
The south west wall is missing approximately 25 bricks from the outer layer of brickwork. We will be replacing these missing bricks and tying them into existing sound brickwork. There are a few open joints in the south west wingwall that we will repoint using lime mortar and any loose joints will be knocked out and repointed, using hand tools only.
- Opportunity to work directly with the Asset Delivery Volunteering team
- Working with a friendly team.
- Personal Protective Equipment provided.
- Shelter and refreshments provided (although you will have to provide your own lunch).
- You will be given a site induction and any relevant training required for the role.
- Learn new skills
- Use cement mixer
- Learn how to mix and use lime mortar
Sound Health & Safety knowledge/understanding (complete Trust health and safety videos - these can be sent to you if required).
- Good level of customer service/communication skills.