Closing Date: 31 August 2017
Saltley, Birmingham & Fazeley Canal, Birmingham
This is a great opportunity to support the Trusts Asset Delivery Volunteering team with some much-needed repairs to the river rea aqueduct. Due to wear and tear and some vandalism there is 300 bricks missing and 4 original coping stones missing that are currently being made again, including the original tooled patterns and bullnose edges. We will be laying them using lime mortar and using a boat, cement mixer and possibly some lifting equipment to help get the project done.
- Opportunity to work directly with the Asset Delivery Volunteering team
- learn new skills
-opportunities to drive boat and use cutting equipment
- Working with a friendly team.
- Personal Protective Equipment provided.
- Shelter and refreshments provided (although you will have to provide your own lunch).
- You will be given a site induction and any relevant training required for the role.
Sound Health & Safety knowledge/understanding (complete Trust health and safety videos - these can be sent to you if required).
- Good level of customer service/communication skills.