Starts: 25th September 2017 to 15th November 2017
Closing Date: 3 December 2017
Due to localised erosion of the canal bank and culvert base. The culvert headwall has moved and work is required to take down the original headwall.
Due to the historic aspect of the canal and local area, it is neccersary for us to retain as many of the original bricks as possible. So that we may re-use them in the rebuilding of the wall.
We are looking for a number of volunteers to assist us in taking down the wall, removing the old lime mortar and cleaning/dressing the bricks and sandstones.
Work will then be required to help rebuild the wall.
Opportunity to work directly with the Direct Services team
- Working with a friendly team.
- Personal Protective Equipment provided.
- Shelter and refreshments provided (although you will have to provide your own lunch).
- You will be given a site induction and any relevant training required for the role.
Sound Health & Safety knowledge/understanding (complete Trust health and safety videos - these can be sent to you if required).
- Good level of customer service/communication skills