Activities: Customer service, Management and supervision
Starts: 9th January 2017 to 28th February 2017
Closing Date: 24 February 2017
Bracebridge, Worksop S80 2DX
This is a great opportunity to support the Trust's Direct Services (Construction) team as they complete essential maintenance work to Bracebridge Lock (Lock 51) on the Chesterfield Canal. Repair works including repairs to gates and cills, masonry works to the chamber and approach walls.
The role will involve providing essential support to the team by covering the site office while works are underway (taking deliveries, engaging with customers and ensuring everyone is inducted onto site) and assiting with basic site security while the team are having breaks/lunch (keeping an eye on the site and equipment). This role will allow the team to concentrate their resources on the maintenance works and thus ensuring the stoppage is completed effectively and in a timely manner.
Opportunities are available for 1 volunteer per day throughout the works and this will be managed directly by the local Direct Services team through the use of an online rota.
- Opportunity to work directly with the Direct Services team and see lock maintenance works up close
- Working with a friendly team.
- Personal Protective Equipment provided.
- Shelter and refreshments provided (although you will have to provide your own lunch).
- You will be given a site induction and any relevant training required for the role.
- Sound Health & Safety knowledge/understanding (complete Trust health and safety videos - these can be sent to you if required).
- Good level of customer service/communication skills.