Activities: Administration, Customer service, Recording and monitoring
Starts: 1st August 2016 to 30th November 2016
Closing Date: 1 September 2016
Gloucester & Sharpness Canal, Gloucestershire
Housed in a warehouse at the heart of Gloucester's fine Victorian Docks, Gloucester Waterways Museum tells the story of our wonderful canals and rivers. Volunteers are at the heart of the museum supporting a diverse range of opportunities.
We are looking for an entusiastic individual to undertake reception duties, and deal efficiently and effectively with telephone and direct enquiries from members of the public for boat trip bookings. You will be part of a dedicated team of both staff and volunteers and everyone has a passion to make the museum a huge success.
As a volunteer with the Canal & River Trust you will be making a massive contribution to the organisation, often carrying out activities we would otherwise not be able to do. You will be working alongside other volunteers and Trust employees, rather than displacing or taking away work from employees, a commitment highlighted in our Use of Volunteers Agreement.
It’s important to us that you benefit from volunteering. It will give you the opportunity to do something new and different, but also;
• you raise your existing skill base and acquire new skills;
• volunteering helps you to keep active, fit and motivated;
• you can gain satisfaction from making a contribution to a national asset;
• you gain invaluable experience, great for your CV and employment prospects;
• you will receive out of pocket expenses; and
• you will get credit and thanks for your work.
Able to communicate effectively.
• Able to follow instructions.
• Willing to learn new skills and techniques.
• Able to work individually and as part of a team.
• Good organisational skills.