Activities: Customer service, Practical, Recording and monitoring
Closing Date: 31 May 2017
Carpenters Road Lock, Old River Lee, London
We’re seeking Towpath Rangers
Join a brand new team who will help to open a new part of the canal in the Olympic park, Stratford, which will also become the home of a unique double gated radial lock. Not only will the lock be the only one of its kind in the UK, but the transparent casing will give the public a chance to see its inner workings.
As a towpath rangers, you will be key to:
• Letting the public know about the lock, restoration and newly opened waterways
• Communicating some of the local heritage, with free workshops offered by the Canal and River Trust
• Feeding back public opinion of the Bow Back Rivers and Carpenters Road Lock area
• Measuring the number of visitors to the lock and surrounding area
• Observing the towpaths and canals for signs of vandalism and repairs
Because this is a new lock and newly opened waterways, there will be a number of opportunities emerging over the next year, so do get in touch as there is sure to be something for you!
The Towpath Taskforce offers a great way to meet other local volunteers and the Can and River Trust volunteer team, learn new practical skills, hear about other volunteer opportunities or just spend a few hours outdoors improving your local waterway environment.
No experience is needed but we do ask to meet everyone for an informal chat, and all volunteers will need to attend a half day workshop to train as a park champion. This additional training will open up even more opportunities within the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park