Activities: Administration and support, Leadership and management, Practical, Working with visitors
Starts: 2 July 2018
Various Locations, BB1 5BL
Are you aged 16-25 and want to make an impact in your community?
Join our Youth Board and meet other Young Leaders in your area. Let us know how we can improve the canal near your home or help plan and deliver volunteer opportunities to tackle environmental or restoration issues in Blackburn.
Bring your interests to life with art, community or environmental projects. Build your CV and make an impact in your community.
For more information or a chat, contact Vicki.Birch@canalrivertrust.org.uk
As a Hub Leader you will receive:
• Out of pocket expenses – in line with the CRT expense policy
• Opportunity to develop and use meaningful skills
• Opportunity to gain useful work experience skills
• A safe and supportive environment to volunteer in
• Opportunities to work with people from across the trust in an interesting and forward thinking environment
• Fun, friendship and in-house training opportunities for all volunteers with links to opportunities within the trust.
• Recognition that you have contributed to your local area, making positive changes, taking action to improve access, knowledge, activities on offer and use of the canal, towpath and local environment for young people and the community
• Good oral communication skills, both face to face and over the telephone
• Good written communication skills
• The ability to lead and support the canoe action squad with various projects
• Good organisational skills