Activities: Customer service
Starts: 1st May 2013 to 16th December 2016
Anderton Boat Lift
This role will assist with the smooth operations of the commercial (Retail & Catering) aspects of the business. The task is a varied role covering all areas of customer service from front of house sales & revenue generation to food service & preparation to cleaning & stock control.
As a visitor assistant, you will be part of a small but busy team and will assist in ensuring that all our visitors receive the best possible service though out their experience and wherever possible always striving to exceed their expectations.
• Being part of a team
• Satisfaction though being able to make a difference for all waterway users. Whether they are a local community group enjoying a trip out or a family enjoying their first canal holiday, your help and interaction will leave them with a positive impression of your local canal and Canal & River Trust as a whole
• Reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses
• Learning new skills
• Social aspect – building friendships, meeting new people
• Good knowledge of customer service
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Trustworthy and reliable
• Patient & calm demeanour
• First aid certificate (desirable not essential)
• Good knowledge use of touch screen tills (desirable not essential)