Activities: Management and supervision
The Youth Engagement Advisory Group (YEAG) helps us to understand more fully the wider context of engaging young people. This enables us to plan and deliver effective, innovative programmes, which match the ambitions and aspirations in line with our Youth Engagement Strategy.
Established in November 2013, the group has been a valuable support to us in developing the strategy and helping with the cultural change that this needed within the organisation. In addition, opportunities have been highlighted for joint working, funding streams and recognising the impact for the organisation of policy changes across England and Wales.
The chair and members are appointed by the chief executive and serve for terms of up to three years, although this may be renewed for a second term to a maximum of six years.
The group typically meets three to four times a year in London.
Helping to steer the development of youth engagement within the Trust across England & Wales enabling more young people to explore, learn about, regularly use and experience the waterways.
Engaging with the wide range of experts and advisors that the Trust is partnered with, both within and outside your own areas of expertise and knowledge.
Working with a diverse group of fellow volunteers.
We are looking for volunteers who have experience in working with young people and youth engagement that may include experience such as:
• national youth organisations (voluntary or statutory)
• local youth organisations with a specific interest in heritage/environment/conservation
• funding and measuring the impact of youth engagement
• experience of legislation, public engagement, funding, employment, rehabilitation and policy development across England and Wales
• volunteers will be team players who can work effectively with the rest of the group and management team, acting in the best interests of the waterways rather than to represent any particular interests/causes or their employer
The opportunities are voluntary with agreed expenses reimbursed.