Activities: Education volunteers, Marketing and promotions
Ellesmere Port, Shropshire Union Canal, the Wirral
Join us as an education volunteer
We are looking for volunteers who love working with children and would like to encourage them to explore our canals and rivers – in schools, through our website, at waterside
events or in museums.
We are looking for volunteers who can support our education programme with some or all of the
• To work with other Explorer Volunteers to deliver interactive education sessions to children
mainly aged 7 – 11.
• To visit local schools or Cub Scout and Brownie venues to give talks or lead interactive sessions
about the local waterway and water safety.
• To lead or assist with family activities at waterside events or at waterside museums and visitor
• To support the education team at Gloucester Waterways Museum.
We are looking for people who can volunteer flexibly and respond to school and informal group
requests as required and who can commit to at least 3 or 4 days a month.
Support and training
We give you full training and provide resources for leading groups of children through a number
of training days and team meetings. You will have the support of an education officer as well as
the other volunteers in your team. We reimburse you for all travel costs.
Skills and experience
• Previous experience of working with children and young people or a strong desire to gain experience.
• The desire to work outdoors.
• The confidence to talk to, and lead workshops with,
groups of children.
• The ability to enthuse young people through talks and
• The ability to volunteer flexibly.
• The ability to drive to different locations particularly in
We are looking for volunteers to join our existing team at National Waterways Museum, South Pier Road, Ellesmere Port. CH65 4FW.
Find out more
Contact Helen Evans email@example.com