Activities: Education volunteers
River River Lea, Regent's Canal & Docklands
Are you interested in joining a new group of education volunteers based in East London close to the River Lea or the Regent's Canal and Docklands? You will be visiting primary schools and cubscout and brownie groups to lead workshops about the fascinating history of our waterways in East London as well as lead walks along the towpath at various locations. There are also opportunities to help out at a number of canalside events across London. This is a fantastic opportunity for people who have experience of working with children and enjoy the challenge of enthusing young people in this urban environment. We are looking for people who are happy to travel to different locations either by car or public transport and who are able to volunteer flexibly responding to school and group requests as required for approximately 3 - 4 days a month.
We give you full training and provide resources for leading groups of children through a number of training days and team meetings. You will have the support of an education officer as well as the other volunteers in your team. We reimburse you for all travel costs.
For roles working with children we are looking for volunteers who have
• Previous experience of working with young children or a strong desire to gain experience in this area
• The desire to work outdoors
• The confidence to talk to, and lead workshops with, groups of children
• The ability to enthuse young people through talks and activities
• The ability to volunteer flexibly
• The ability to work independently