Activities: Education, Education volunteers
Bath, Kennet & Avon Canal, Somerset, BA2 4DB
Are you interested in joining our established group of education volunteers in the beautiful city of Bath? The group have already worked with a number of schools leading workshops in the classroom and walks along the towpath to introduce the children to the fascinating history of this part of the Kennet & Avon Canal. The group are expanding to work with schools close to Bradford on Avon and also provide activities for families at events. We are looking for volunteers who love working with children and enjoy being outdoors. You need to be able to volunteer flexibly and respond to school and informal group requests as required and commit to at least 3 or 4 days a month normally from about 9am - 3.30pm. We try and give you at least 2 weeks’ notice of a visit or event.
We give you full training and provide resources for leading groups of children with a number of training days and team meetings. You will have the support of an education officer as well as the other volunteers in your team. We reimburse you for all travel costs.
For roles working with children we are looking for volunteers who have
• Previous experience of working with young children or a strong desire to gain experience in this area
• The desire to work outdoors
• The confidence to talk to, and lead workshops with, groups of children
• The ability to enthuse young people through talks and activities
• The ability to volunteer flexibly
• The ability to drive to different locations particularly in rural areas
• The ability to work independently
This volunteering opportunity is run in partnership with Eliza Botham. Visit their website to find out more and make contact at: https://katrust.org.uk/