Explorers Education Volunteer: Events
Activities: Practical, Working with visitors, Explorer Education
Starts: 1 September 2021 to 31 March 2023
Closing Date: 31 March 2022
Various locations across the North West of England
We are looking for volunteers who can support our education programme across the North West region, with some or all of the following tasks.
- Running short water safety activities/talks at school safety events
- Engaging with schools and families, through conversation and activities,
at STEM events
- Leading educational activities during schools’ weeks
What's in it for you?
As an Explorers events volunteer you will be joining an enthusiastic, friendly, and knowledgeable team. The activities we develop, and deliver are well researched, closely linked to what teachers tell us they want, varied and fun. There will be opportunities to attend events throughout the academic year and during the school holidays. We attend both indoor and outdoor events. Uniform, training, and equipment is all provided. Any travel expenses will be reimbursed.
What skills are we looking for?
- Previous experience of working/volunteering with children or young people
- The confidence to talk to and lead workshops for groups of children and families
- The ability to enthuse children and young people through talks and activities
- The ability to volunteer flexibly
- The desire to volunteer outdoors
- The ability to drive to different locations
This role involves regulated activity with children and adults at risk, as defined by the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. Therefore, an Enhanced Criminal Record check will be undertaken and references will be sought. A criminal record is not always a bar to volunteering with us.