Maintenance Volunteers - Gloucester Waterways Museum
Starts: 18 May 2021 to 1 March 2022
Closing Date: 1 March 2022
Gloucester, Gloucester & Sharpness Canal, Gloucestershire
Members of the Site Maintenance team carry out the general jobs that keep the museum going. One day it could be general maintenance work that improves the condition and the appearance of the site and the exhibits, and on other days you could be moving exhibits around and setting up new displays.
What's in it for you?
As a volunteer with the Canal & River Trust you will be making a massive contribution to the organisation, often carrying out activities we would otherwise not be able to do. You will be working alongside other volunteers and Trust employees, rather than displacing or taking away work from employees, a commitment highlighted in our Use of Volunteers Agreement. It’s important to us that you benefit from volunteering. It will give you the opportunity to do something new and different, but also;
• you raise your existing skill base and acquire new skills;
• volunteering helps you to keep active, fit and motivated;
• you can gain satisfaction from making a contribution to a national asset;
• you gain invaluable experience, great for your CV and employment prospects;
• you will receive out of pocket expenses and you will get credit and thanks for your work.
What skills are we looking for?
• Able to communicate effectively.
• Physically fit enough to carry out the required tasks effectively.
• Willing to commit a regular amount of time to the task and be flexible in timekeeping and commitment.
• Able to work as part of a team.
• Willing to learn new skills and techniques.
• Willing to work in inclement weather.
• Basic DIY skills.