Visitor Welcome Volunteer - Naburn Locks
Starts: 21 June 2021
Naburn Locks, River Ouse
We are looking for volunteers to help run our Welcome Station at Naburn Locks near York. Based in the Grade II listed former navigation offices, the site also includes a blacksmith’s forge and machine workshop.
This is an opportunity to be the ‘face’ of the Canal & River Trust, playing a key role in the enjoyment of the visitor experience and ensuring visitors leave with a greater understanding and affinity to the waterways.
The role involves:
• Welcoming visitors and providing relevant information.
• Promoting Canal & River Trust
• Promoting the local area.
• Looking after displays with leaflets, ensuring they are stocked up, clean and presentable.
• Handing out relevant, free resources about the Trust and the local area in a targeted and efficient way.
• Collecting feedback from visitors.
• Leading guided walks on the site
What's in it for you?
This is a great opportunity to work in unique historic location and to meet new people, engage with variety of visitors from the local area, the country and elsewhere.
What skills are we looking for?
This role will suit people with a friendly and approachable manner with the ability to talk to a wide range of visitors. Some local knowledge would be useful as well as an interest in the history of the site. Full training will be given.