Activities: Education, Interpretation & Promotion, Explorer Education
Ellesmere Port, Shropshire Union Canal, the Wirral
Due to the current situation with Coronavirus, we are not recruiting for this role. We will endeavour to update you as soon as we can, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause
We give you full training and provide resources for leading groups of children through a number
of training days and team meetings. You will have the support of an education officer as well as
the other volunteers in your team. We reimburse you for all travel costs.
• Previous experience of working with children and young people or a strong desire to gain experience.
• The desire to work outdoors
• The confidence to talk to and lead workshops with groups of children
• The ability to enthuse young people through talks and activities
• The ability to volunteer flexibly
• The ability to drive to different locations particularly in rural areas
This role involves regulated activity with children and adults at risk, as defined by the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. Therefore, an Enhanced Criminal Record check will be undertaken and references will be sought. A criminal record is not always a bar to volunteering with us.