National Waterways Museum Explorers Volunteer
Activities: Education, Explorer Education, Interpretation and Promotion
Ellesmere Port, Shropshire Union Canal, the Wirral
We are looking for people who love working with children and would like to encourage them to explore our canals and rivers – in schools, through our website, at waterside events or in museums.
What's in it for you?
We give you full training and provide resources for leading groups of children through a number
of training days and team meetings. You will have the support of an education officer as well as
the other volunteers in your team. We reimburse you for all travel costs.
What skills are we looking for?
• Previous experience of working with children and young people or a strong desire to gain experience.
• The desire to work outdoors
• The confidence to talk to and lead workshops with groups of children
• The ability to enthuse young people through talks and activities
• The ability to volunteer flexibly
• The ability to drive to different locations particularly in rural areas
This role involves regulated activity with children and adults at risk, as defined by the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. Therefore, an Enhanced Criminal Record check will be undertaken and references will be sought. A criminal record is not always a bar to volunteering with us.