County Road Birdge 30

Detail

From Date: 20/02/2020 00:00

To Date: 27/03/2020 00:00 inclusive

Type: Navigation Closure

Reason: Water resources

Is the towpath closed? No

Location

Closest waterway: River Soar

Starts at: Bridge 30 County Road

Ends at: Bridge 30 County Road

Updates

25/03/2020 14:53

Canal River Rescue have now removed the boat and the bridge is now free from obstruction. Navigation is now possible, but customers are asked to only move if essential to reach services and to follow government guidelines at all times.

We would like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding.

24/03/2020 15:41

Canal River Rescue have now removed the boat and the bridge is now free from obstruction. Navigation is now possible.

We would like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding.

23/03/2020 16:55

Canal River Rescue have contacted us with an update with regards the boat which has been stuck under County Road Bridge.

They have managed to bring the job forward to today and have now begun the job of removing the boat out of the navigation.

They are confident that they will complete this task by the end of the day tomorrow, and then boaters should be able to access under the bridge again.

We will update the website tomorrow to confirm this.

11/03/2020 10:02

Canal River Rescue have contacted us with an update with regards the boat which is currently stuck under County Road Bridge.

They have now got the required permissions to carry out this job, and they have a provisional date of the 25th March for the boat to be removed.

They will let us know if this date changes and we will update the website accordingly.

We appreciate our customers continued patience with this situation, and apologise for any inconvenience it may be causing.

04/03/2020 15:57

Canal River Rescue have been out on site today, to do an initial assessment of the situation.  The water level is still to high for them to begin the removal and they will need to wait for the water to come down a bit more.

They have advised us that unfortunately, this will be quite a large scale job with many factors to consider.  They cannot currently give a time scale of when the boat will be successfully removed, but are going to keep us as up to date as they can with their progress and we will then update our website each week. 

If things do happen quicker, we will let our customers know.

We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding at this time.

28/02/2020 16:26

Due to the continued high water levels, and other issues out of the customers control, Canal & River Rescue have not been able to attend site to remove this boat from blocking the bridge.

We feel it may be another week until the water levels come down enough for them to be able to remove the boat.  We will update the website next Wednesday, to advise where we are with this ongoing situation.

We appreciate our customer patience with this and we remind our customers that they are advised not to travel along the navigation, while we are in flood.

24/02/2020 16:53

Canal River Rescue have now assessed what needs to be done to remove this craft from under the bridge.

Unfortunately, we have been advised that due to the adverse weather and current high waters, it is not safe for the contractors to remove the boat at this moment in time.

As soon as it is safe for them to remove the boat, it will be cleared out the way of the bridge.

We are hoping this will be done by the end of this week.  We will update our website as soon as the boat is cleared and if this is not completed by Friday, we will update the website with further details.

Please can we emphasise that our customers need to be extra careful, while we are experiencing these extreme weather conditions and to not travel in flood water, which can be most dangerous.

Description

Due to the adverse weather conditions, a boat has unfortunately become stuck under County Bridge 30 on the River Soar and is now blocking assess through. 

Canal River Rescue has been contacted by the owner of the boat, and we have been advised that they should be out next week. 

We will be contacting the owner of the boat on Monday for an update and hopefully a more accurate time scale for the removal of the boat. 

We will then update the website accordingly. 

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate people patience with this matter. 

Please can we emphasise that our customers need to be extra careful, while we are experiencing these extreme weather conditions and to not travel in flood water, which can be most dangerous.