Repairs to the gates at Lock 50 have been successfully completed according to plan and the site is being de-mobilised.
However, unfortunately, we have encountered problems in relation to the removal of the fabric dams from the site. This means we will be unable to re-open the navigation until the afternoon of Monday 18th March.
We apologise for the inconvenience this delay may cause.
Please be aware the start date of this stoppage at Lock 50, Rochdale Canal, has been amended to bring it in line with the stoppage at Lock 49. The stoppages at both locks will run concurrently.
At Lock 50 we will be carrying out repairs to the lock gates to reduce issues with leakage.