We are delighted to announce the finalists for the 2017 Living Waterways Awards.
Together with our sponsors, we are proud to be at the forefront of celebrating the achievements of those who are working together to unlock the benefits of our canals and rivers, helping to make them exciting places to live, learn and spend time.
All nominations are scrutinised by an independent assessment panel of experts, drawn from the environmental, engineering, architecture and regeneration sectors, and chaired by Sue Wilkinson.
1. Audlem Lass Boat Service, Cheshire – Audlem Lass Boat Service
2. Canal Officer for Cultural Heritage, Scotland – Scottish Waterways Trust
3. Compasses Bridge, Surrey – Wey & Arun Canal Trust
4. Eldonian Village Canal Festival, Liverpool – Inland Waterways Association
5. Elland Road Bridge, Halifax – Arcadis
6. Firs Farm Wetlands, Enfield – London Borough of Enfield
7. Green Park, Reading – Mapletree
8. Hirst Lock Bicentenary, Shipley, West Yorkshire – Hirst Wood Regeneration Group
9. Historic Lake Baylis Park, Slough – Amey Plc
10. Leeds & Liverpool Bicentenary, Yorkshire – Canal & River Trust
11. Living Heritage of the River Don, South Yorkshire – Don Catchment Rivers Trust
12. Marsworth Wharf, Aylesbury – Stride Treglown
13. Merchants Quay, Gloucester – Stride Treglown
14. Monmouthshire & Brecon Canal Limekilns, Brecon to Goytre – Canal & River Trust
15. Oxford Canal Mural, Oxford – Waterways Management Company Oxford
16. Salendine Duke of Edinburgh's Award Adoption, Huddersfield – Canal & River Trust
17. Stover Canal Lock, Newton Abbot – Inland Waterways Association
18. Taking it Tees'y, Tees Barrage, Stockton-on-Tees – Canal & River Trust
19. Window on the World, National Waterways Museum – Canal & River Trust
The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony and gala dinner to be held on Wednesday 27 September at the MacDonald Burlington Hotel in Birmingham.
Seats are £65 for charity and not-for-profit organisations and £100 for commercial/private organisations. The ceremony includes a drinks reception from 6.30pm, followed by a three course meal, including wine.
To book places please go to our online shop
Last date edited: 21 August 2017