What’s your favourite walking route?
We want to make it easier for more people to discover the benefits of walking along their favourite waterway and so we’re asking for your help to generate more easy-to-follow walking routes.
Do you have a favourite walk along one of our canals and rivers? If you do we’d love to hear about it and feature it on our walking routes map. The route doesn’t have to take place exclusively by one of our canals or rivers, although we would ask that any route that you send us includes a section of one of our waterways.
If you’d like to share your favourite walking route with others then please email us with details including:
- Which canal your route takes in
- The length of the walk
- The start and end point of the walk (it could be linear or circular)
- Your favourite things about this walk
- Your own picture of the walk if possible
- Accessibility information. Could someone in a wheelchair or with a buggy use this route?
- Any route instructions. Which way do you set off? What are the landmarks along the way?
- Are there any toilets, pubs or cafes along the way?
- If the walk is linear are there any public transport options to get back to the start?
Please send your walks to email@example.com
Terms & conditions
We plan to host all followable routes on our website. For more details please see our terms & conditions.
Last date edited: 18 November 2020