Founded by Joseph Storey in 1860. It had an international reputation as the largest manufacturer of picric acid in the world at that time. Picric acid was a high explosive forerunner of TNT. Locals remember the acrid smell of the chemical plant.
Mary Stretch has lived beside the canal since the 1940s, playing along it as a child and using it for recreation until the increase in car ownership during the 1960s took her further afield. She has seen it transformed over the last few years as it once again is a place for recreation.
The next trail QR codes are north beside the Dry Dock Footbridge or south by Bath Mill Stables.
Last date edited: 17 July 2015