10 things to do on your visit to Pontcysyllte Aqueduct and Trevor Basin Visitor Centre.
1. Take a look around the museum section of the Visitor Centre, you’ll find out lots of interesting facts about the aqueduct and area, handle some of the tools the builders used, learn about how they built it and have a go yourself using our wooden aqueduct model.
2. Walk over the aqueduct. If you’ve got a head for heights that is. Remember to take your camera for those amazing views and to hold your young child’s hand if they are with you.
4. Enjoy a barista coffee and a freshly made baguette or slice of cake from the Canalside coffee shop. Follow them on Facebook for special offers
6. Cycle along the full 11 miles of the World Heritage Site, but don’t worry if you didn’t bring your bike with you. You can hire one www.hirecycles2go.co.uk. Remember to always dismount your bike over the aqueduct and ring your bell when going under bridges and to warn pedestrians of your intentions
7. Follow the signposted riverside trail to Ty Mawr Country Park. Look out for the fantastic aqueduct view point along the way.
8. Feed the ducks - bread isn’t good for ducks' tummies, please keep our ducks healthy by purchasing our special duck food from the Visitor Centre.
9. Become a Canal & River Trust Friend and receive a bespoke edition of ‘Cool Canals’ walking book, Waterfront magazine twice a year, Canal & River Trust pin badge, Canal & River Trust window sticker, Exclusive Friends booklet, Regular emails and podcasts immersing you in the world of the waterways and the wildlife that call them home. Free entry into all Canal & River Trust museums and attractions, discounts in our shops and cafes and many more discounts off canal holidays and events.
10. Purchase a special souvenir gift from the Visitor Centre shop. We have a range of picture souvenirs, along with books, maps and many locally hand crafted goods.
Last date edited: 21 January 2016