Good news! - Due to the unprecedented popularity of this event, we've now managed to extend our plans for the Milton Keynes Illuminated Boat Festival. This event will now be extended to run on Sunday 3 December as well.
To attend on Sunday 3 December you will need to register for tickets using our Eventbrite booking system. (a link to this will be placed here in the coming weeks)
2500 tickets will be released on MONDAY 6TH NOVEMBER 2017 AT 10AM, these will only be available for local residents with an MK postcode. Please bring proof of address when attending the event, if you don’t, we have the right to refuse entry.
A further 2500 tickers will be released on MONDAY 13TH NOVEMBER AT 10AM, these tickets are available to anybody.
FAQ on ticketing
- I’ve already booked a ticket, is that still valid? Yes, the release of these extra tickets does not affect tickets already reserved on Saturday.
- I’ve booked a ticket for Saturday but can I now attend on Sunday? No you can’t, not without cancelling your Saturday tickets. We have increased capacity because of the demand we have had. We think it would be unfair to allow people to attend both days.
- How many tickets are going to be available for Sunday in total? 5,000 extra tickets.
- I’m a local resident but I’m coming with a friend who isn’t. Can I reserve a local resident ticket for them? Will they need proof of address? Yes you can, although you will be limited to 6 tickets.
- Do I need proof of address for everyone in my party or just for the person who has booked the tickets? Just for the person who has booked the tickets.
- Are there any extra tickets being released for Saturday? No I am afraid there will not be.
- Will there be different things happening on Saturday and Sunday? The event will be very similar, there will be a slightly different line up of entertainment, but in essence the event will be the same.
What to expect?
- Watch a parade of 30 plus festively lit boats along the canal.
- Enjoy the art and lantern installations along the canal.
- Take part in one of our lantern making workshops.
- Enjoy tasty festive food and drink from some of the best local suppliers.
- Listen to an array of musical acts, including Jennifer Reid who's written a song book about Milton Keynes.
We are still finalising the programme and will update this with further information as it becomes available.
What to wear?
This is an outdoor event in December, so please dress in warm clothes and sturdy footwear.
What does it cost?
The event is free. And wouldn't have been made possible without the sponsorship from the Milton Keynes Community Foundation