Come along to the Drifters and Canal & River Trust National Open Day and try canal boating for free.
Event details: 23 April 2017, 11.00am to 4.00pm
20 locations across England and Wales
Crew a canal boat, learn the boating lingo and discover the amazing places to visit on the nation’s beautiful waterways for free. Drifters Waterway Holidays and the Canal & River Trust are offering people the chance to try canal boating for free at over 20 locations across England and Wales.
The taster sessions will include free trips on skippered narrowboats, as well as boat tours and holiday discounts. No advance booking or experience is needed, with people of all ages encouraged to just turn up.
No advance booking is required, and people of all ages are encouraged to just turn up. For more information about each site please visit: Drifters Open Day
Locations by county:
- Berkshire - Kennet & Avon Canal - Aldermaston Wharf, Padworth, Nr Reading, Berkshire, RG7 4JS
- Cheshire - Junction of River Weaver and Trent & Mersey Canal - Anderton Marina, Uplands Road, Northwich, Cheshire CW9 6AJ
- Cheshire - Shropshire Union Canal - Anglo Welsh, Bunbury Lock, Bunbury, Tarporley, Cheshire CW6 9QB
- Denbighshire - Llangollen Canal - Anglo Welsh, Canal Wharf, Trevor, Llangollen, Denbighshire LL20 7TT
- Leicestershire - Grand Union Canal Leicester Line - Union Wharf Canal Basin, Leicester Road, Market Harborough, Leicestershire LE16 7UW
- Monmouthshire - Mon & Brec Canal - Goytre Wharf, Llanover, Nr Abergavenny, Monmouthshire NP7 9EW
- Northamptonshire - Braunston - Union Canal Carriers, Bottom Lock, Braunston, Northamptonshire NN11 7HJ
- Oxfordshire - River Thames - Anglo Welsh Boat Centre, Eynsham, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX29 4DA
- Shropshire - Llangollen Canal - Blackwater Meadow Marina, Birch Road, Ellesmere, Shropshire SY12 9DD
- Shropshire - Llangollen Canal - Whitchurch Marina, Wrexham Road, Whitchurch, Shropshire SY13 3AA
- Staffordshire - Shropshire Union Canal - Countrywide Cruisers, The Wharf, Brewood, Staffordshire ST19
- Staffordshire - Staffs & Worcs Canal - Anglo Welsh, Mill Lane, Great Haywood, Staffordshire ST18 0RJ
- Staffordshire - Junction of Trent & Mersey Canal and Caldon Canals - Black Prince Festival Park Marina, Etruria, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire ST1 5PA
- Warwickshire - Coventry Canal Basin – Valley Cruises, Coventry, Canal Basin, St Nicholas Street, Coventry CV1 4LY
- Warwickshire - Warwickshire - North Oxford Canal - Rose Narrowboats, Fosse Way, Stretton under Fosse, Rugby, Warwickshire CV23 0PU
- Warwickshire - Stratford upon Avon Canal - Anglo Welsh, Canal Wharf, Wootton Wawen, Henley in Arden, Warwickshire B95 6BZ
- West Yorkshire - Junction of Rochdale Canal and Calder & Hebble Navigation - Shire Cruisers, The Wharf, Sowerby Bridge, West Yorkshire HX6 2AG
- Wiltshire - Kennet & Avon Canal- Hilperton Marina, Hammond Way, Trowbridge, Wiltshire BA14 8RS
- Worcestershire - Worcester & Birmingham Canal - Alvechurch Marina, Scarfield Wharf, Alvechurch Worcestershire B48 7SQ
- Worcestershire - Worcester & Birmingham Canal - Anglo Welsh, The Old Wharf, Wharf Lane, Tardebigge, Nr. Bromsgrove, Worcestershire B60 1LR
New locations are being added, so for full details go to our Drifters' open days 2017 page.