Canal Town at National Waterways Museum, Ellesmere Port
Every Sunday from 29 May - 18 September 2022. Watch the museum burst into life with pop-up themed events, live music and traditional games that will keep the whole family entertained!
Funded by the People's Postcode Lottery, Canal Town takes place every Sunday throughout the summer months.
Step back in time with us to when Ellesmere Port was a canal town.
Experience what it was like to live and work in the docks with the sights and sounds of the late 19th century when Ellesmere Port was a canal town.
Stroll across our stunning seven-acre site through a landscape of Victorian buildings, docks, locks, stables and cottages ... and meet some interesting characters on the way.
Every week we'll be hosting different themed events from across the decades.
- 12 June - 1920's - Peaky Blinders and launch of Peaky Pooches Photographic Competition.
- 19 June - 1930's - Teddy Bear's Picnic
- 26 June - World War II
- 3 July - Liverpool, A Window on the World
- 10 & 17 July - Canal Life
- 24 July - Steampunk Sunday
- 31 July - World War 1
- 7 August - 1950's theme
- 14 August - 1920's - Afternoon Tea
- 21 August - 1930's - Poetry and Photographs
- 28 August - Village Fete and Peaky Pooches Dog Show
- 4 September - International Canals
- 11 & 18 September - Astounding Inventions.
All free with your Annual Pass.
Price: Adult (16 & over) £9.75. Child (6-15) £6.00. Child (5 and under) Free. Family £25.00. Concession £8.50. Your ticket allows you to return as often as you like for one year.
Themes may change due to external circumstances.
Find out more on our Canal Town page.